Good Friday morning. Here are some of the stories making news in Washington and politics today.
• Liberal Democrats introduced their “Green New Deal,” a sweeping resolution intended to redefine the national debate on climate change. The plan presents a grand strategy to eliminate carbon emissions, create jobs and combat economic inequality, though its legislative prospects are bleak in the foreseeable future.
• The political tumult in Virginia widened, as the State Senate’s top Republican faced questions about racist photographs and slurs in a college yearbook he helped oversee, transforming the nearly week-old crisis into a bipartisan reckoning over personal conduct.
• A year before the killing of the dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, privately threatened to use “a bullet” on him if he did not return to the kingdom and end his criticism of the Saudi government.
• The Supreme Court, in a 5-4 vote, blocked a Louisiana law that its opponents say could have left the state with only one doctor authorized to provide abortions. The law, requiring abortion providers to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, was very similar to a Texas law the court struck down in 2016.
• Democrats took the first steps to obtain President Trump’s tax returns through an obscure provision in the federal code. Mr. Trump accused Democrats of “presidential harassment.”
• The Senate Judiciary Committee advanced the nomination of William Barr to be Mr. Trump’s attorney general, as Republicans and Democrats were split over his views on executive authority and the Russia investigation.
• Democrats want to ask the acting attorney general, Mathew G. Whitaker, about the special counsel’s Russia investigation and whether Mr. Trump fired Jeff Sessions to interfere with it. After a heated back and forth with Democrats, Mr. Whitaker agreed to testify on Friday as scheduled, having received assurances that he would not be subpoenaed.
• A Muslim death row inmate in Alabama wanted his imam present at his execution, but prison officials said he could only have a Christian chaplain. The Supreme Court ruled that the execution could proceed.
• Ten families are pursuing lawsuits against the right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones over his role in spreading bogus claims about the Sandy Hook school shooting. The suits have advanced on several fronts in recent weeks.
• Mr. Trump’s .5 trillion tax cut delivered windfalls, sometimes in the billions of dollars, to corporations by lowering their income tax rate. One of the most noticeable effects was a surge in stock buybacks.
Today’s On Politics briefing was compiled by Isabella Grullón Paz and Tammy Tarng in New York.
Were you forwarded this newsletter? Subscribe here to get it delivered to your inbox.
Is there anything you think we’re missing? Anything you want to see more of? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.B:
【嘴】【角】【泛】【滥】【着】【苦】【涩】，【勉】【强】【着】【笑】【道】：“【那】【你】【可】【以】【逗】【他】【开】【心】【啊】。” “【我】【觉】【得】【他】【就】【是】【个】【小】【孩】【子】，【很】【好】【哄】【的】。” 【楼】【一】【点】【点】【头】，“【其】【实】【他】【就】【是】【嘴】【硬】，【有】【时】【候】【明】【明】【不】【开】【心】【都】【不】【想】【和】【我】【说】，【我】【也】【只】【能】【观】【看】【着】【他】【的】【神】【色】【来】【知】【道】【他】【是】【不】【是】【生】【气】【了】。” “【他】【虽】【然】【很】【容】【易】【生】【气】，【可】【是】【人】【很】【好】【的】，【如】【果】【你】【和】【他】【多】【接】【触】【你】【就】【会】【发】【现】【他】【就】【是】【一】
【这】【两】【个】【人】【到】【底】【是】【实】【力】【强】【大】，【几】【乎】【是】【瞬】【间】【就】【稳】【住】【了】【身】【体】，【而】【反】【观】【那】【边】【的】【卡】【拉】【托】【帕】【本】，【以】【及】【鞑】【邙】【族】【的】【圣】【子】，【两】【个】【人】【入】【水】【的】【刹】【那】，【几】【乎】【是】【直】【接】【被】【冲】【的】【倒】【退】【了】【两】【三】【丈】，【然】【后】【才】【稳】【住】【身】【体】。 【这】【瞬】【间】，【原】【本】【毫】【无】【差】【距】【的】【起】【步】【点】，【就】【出】【现】【了】【因】【为】【实】【力】【导】【致】【的】【明】【显】【差】【距】。 【他】【们】【俩】【刚】【稳】【下】【身】【体】，【那】【前】【面】【两】【个】，【已】【经】【运】【转】【那】【如】【山】【似】【得】【法】香港第98期开奖结果【时】【光】【飞】【逝】，【转】【眼】【间】【段】【云】【和】【刘】【琳】【娜】【已】【经】【在】【岛】【上】【生】【活】【了】【整】【整】【一】【年】【了】。 【小】【岛】【依】【旧】【不】【断】【的】【扩】【建】【中】。 【岛】【屿】【东】【边】【又】【新】【建】【了】【一】【个】【码】【头】，【可】【以】【停】【留】【一】【些】【中】【型】【船】【舶】【了】，【但】【任】【何】【船】【只】【若】【是】【想】【在】【这】【里】【停】【靠】，【必】【须】【要】【经】【过】【段】【云】【的】【许】【可】。 【鉴】【于】【段】【云】【几】【乎】【以】【一】【己】【之】【力】，【成】【功】【的】【守】【护】【了】【小】【岛】，【一】【号】【签】【署】【了】【特】【别】【的】【命】【令】，【授】【予】【了】【段】【云】【在】【小】【岛】【上】【的】
【十】【九】【人】【民】【医】【院】【门】【口】【出】【现】【了】【一】【个】【女】【人】【和】【一】【个】【小】【男】【孩】，【往】【日】，【这】【样】【的】【情】【况】【也】【出】【现】【过】，【无】【疑】【是】【小】【孩】【精】【神】【出】【现】【了】【问】【题】，【被】【家】【长】【遗】【弃】【在】【路】【上】，【又】【被】【各】【种】【好】【心】【人】【士】【送】【到】【这】【里】。 【门】【口】【的】【保】【安】【大】【叔】【左】【右】【看】【了】【看】【帝】【小】【轩】，【这】【个】【小】【男】【孩】【看】【起】【来】【不】【像】【有】【精】【神】【疾】【病】【的】【呀】？ “【你】【好】，【请】【问】【这】【里】【昨】【天】【有】【送】【来】【一】【个】【叫】【小】【浩】【的】【男】【孩】【吗】？” 【朱】【九】【荫】
【苏】【凡】【的】【动】【作】【一】【顿】。 【接】【着】，【苏】【凡】【将】【手】【中】【的】【刀】【叉】【轻】【轻】【放】【在】【了】【桌】【子】【上】。 【看】【到】【这】，【沐】【云】【心】【中】【一】【喜】。 【果】【然】【还】【是】【太】【年】【轻】，【一】【点】【小】【小】【的】【激】【将】【法】，【就】【把】【这】【小】【子】【给】【搞】【定】【了】。 “【苏】【凡】，【你】【冷】【静】【点】。”【陈】【嫣】【然】【回】【过】【头】，【担】【心】【地】【看】【着】【苏】【凡】【道】。 【苏】【凡】【起】【身】，【伸】【手】【将】【陈】【嫣】【然】【拉】【到】【了】【自】【己】【的】【位】【置】，【二】【人】【瞬】【间】【完】【成】【互】【换】。 “【你】【能】【不】